18-Month-Old Baby Burnt To Death As Israeli Extremists Attack Palestinian Home Near Nablus

Friday July 31, 2015 08:52 by Saed Bannoura – IMEMC & Agencies

Right-wing Jewish extremist settlers near Nablus firebombed a Palestinian home on Thursday night, starting a fire which destroyed the house and burned a baby to death, as well as severely burning the baby’s four-year-old brother, mother and father.

11214144_886813881354827_6317886128938057283_n

The baby who was killed in the attack was about 18 months old. He was identified as Ali Saad Dawabsha.

The attack took place at about 2:30 in the morning, in the village of Douma, in the northern part of the West Bank near the city of Nablus.

Read more

Israeli forces detain teens in East Jerusalem, obstruct wedding

JULY 30, 2015 10:00 A.M. (UPDATED: JULY 30, 2015 3:00 P.M.)

Israeli undercover policemen and border guards detain a Palestinian in occupied East Jerusalem Sept. 27, 2013. (AFP/Jack Guez)

JERUSALEM (Ma’an) — Undercover Israeli forces detained a group of Palestinian teenagers from the occupied East Jerusalem neighborhood of Issawiya on Wednesday night, local sources said.

Fierce clashes broke out in the neighborhood between young locals and Israeli forces after forces disguised as Arab citizens detained and beat an unknown number of teens, a local committee member in Issawiya, Muhammad Abu al-Hummus, told Ma’an

Read more

Gaza’s fishermen under constant attack by Israeli warships

27th July 2015 | International Solidarity Movement, Gaza Team | Gaza, Occupied Palestine

Ahmed: “Once I recover I’ll go fishing again…” Ismail (Ahmed’s father): “No, you won’t! That’s enough…”

As Ismail tells ISM, “the occupation establishes the fishing limits according to the season. When there’s fish within 3-6 miles they don’t let us go further than 2-3 miles… even 1’5… When there’s no fish before 7-10 miles they allow us to reach the 6 miles.”

gazafish

Read more

Israeli forces continue abuses on Gaza fishermen, open fire at dawn

International Solidarity Movement, Gaza Team | Gaza, Occupied Palestine

At 3:00 AM on the 21st of July 2015, Israeli forces once again opened fire on fishermen in Gaza’s Beit Lahia area. 20 year old Ahmed Ismail al-Sharafi was shot in the stomach while 2 other fishermen were arrested and one of the boats was taken to Ashdod port.

The Palestinian Center for Human Rights reports that in May alone, there were a total of 51 incidents of shootings, incursions into the coastal enclave, and arrests. This included 41 shootings, which left nine injured, including one minor.

Read more

PRESS RELEASE: SUSIYA – New Standards for US Foreign Policy on Israel?

22nd July, 2015 | Popular Struggle Coordination Committee | Ramallah, Occupied Palestine

New Standards for US Foreign Policy on Israel? 

U.S. State Department Urges Israel to refrain from demolishing Palestinian village, Susiya in the West Bank. Fears a deterioration in standard of policy of indigenous displacement.

 

In a US State Department press briefing, last week, John Kirby specifically referred to Israel’s intent to demolish over half the indigenous Palestinian village, Susiya, in the West Bank. “We strongly urge the Israeli authorities to refrain from carrying out any demolitions in the village.” Kirby said, warning that “Demolition of this Palestinian village or of parts of it, and evictions of Palestinians from their homes, would be harmful and provocative.”

Read more

Israeli forces use live ammunition, tear gas, on residents of Nabi Saleh during clashes

17th July 2015 | International Solidarity Movement, Nablus Team | Nabi Saleh, Occupied Palestine

Of the two main entrances to the village of Nabi Saleh, one of them – which connects to the villages of Kufr Ayn, Karawa and the town of Salfit – has been permanently closed by the Israeli army since 2001.

Last week, on the main road that connects the village with Ramallah, there was a car accident that killed a four year old child. The villagers blame the accident on congestion caused by the closure of one of these two gates.
On Thursday, July 16th at approximately 5.00 am, young men from the village began trying to open this gate. Since the two gates are next to one another and permanently surveilled by an Israeli watch tower, this led immediately to clashes in which soldiers used tear gas and live ammunition. Within the next hour, four Israeli military vehicles entered the village and began firing rubber bullets, live ammunition, sound bombs and tear gas canisters at random.

Read more

Nablus family home suffers brutal Israeli night raid

 

July 2015 | International Solidarity Movement, Nablus Team | Awarta, Occupied Palestine

On Sunday, July 12, at 1:30 am, a group of 40 Israeli soldiers came into the village of Awarta circling and raiding the home of 22 year old Izzat Qawariq right before the family was preparing to go to sleep.

nablus3

Read more

Journal: When walking becomes a crime

13th July 2015 | Peter Cunliffe | Al Khalil, Occupied Palestine

Last night at around 11:30 PM, we received a call from one of our Palestinian neighbors about an incident that was unfolding outside our window.

A group of five Israeli soldiers were guarding two Palestinian youth, who did not look to be older than fifteen. The kids were sitting on concrete steps, and the soldiers had them surrounded, so they could not get away. The boys were detained around 11:15, according to our neighbor.

Read more

Hundreds prevented from crossing to Jerusalem for Friday prayers

339365C

 Israeli forces deployed at a main checkpoint in northern Bethlehem in the occupied West Bank prevented hundreds of Palestinians from crossing into Jerusalem Friday morning, due to recently enforced entry restrictions based on age.Israeli forces prevented women between the ages of 16 and 30 from crossing to Jerusalem without permits, as well as men from 30 to 50 years old.

Read more

«